Sunday, July 25, 2010

The past few months working at the airport has made me realised that life can be so carefree and simple if one is contented with what they have.

Despite the long hours and the lack of intellectual challenge (hm. to a certain extend, that is not true), I actually find working at the airport enjoyable. Of course, a huge part of it has to be credited to my co-workers for making my day.

I finally understand how important it is to feel contented with what one has instead of comparing or grumbling about what one do not have. With my father's forced retirement last year I understood the importance of money. And under immense pressure and stress at home, I was convinced that I would never be contented if I were not rich in the future. At a point of time, I even admitted to Cassandra that I would rather have rich people problems than poor people problems. I do not know if I am to be ashamed of myself.

However at church yesterday, the pastor asked us what are we going to bring to God in heaven. The pastor hoped that we would not bring money because heaven has no currency. And that is when I realised, it is what we do that define who we are and not how much money we make or what we wear. A foolish pursuit of money is not what I want out of my life. Frankly speaking, neither is a fancy degree.

I am a simple girl, all I want is to be happy. And being contented is en route to being happy. So maybe if I am contented with all that I have now instead of always wanting more, I would be less of a miserable person.

:))

I apologise if you think my ideas are all over the place. I have not written in a long time and it is evident in my writing as the ideas do not flow even to me.

No comments: